Prima Foods adopts an environmental management system which is committed to the continuous improvement of its operations and environmental controls, applying sustainable practices to all procedures. This ensures compliance from current environmental legislation to an environmental education program to all employees.
Our procedures include:
- Treatment of 100% of the effluent generated by our processing facility;
- A Solid Waste Management Plan (SWMP) focused on the prevention of pollution;
- Selective collection of recyclable or reusable waste;
- Recovery and conservation of riparian vegetation around the Brejo Alegre river, which runs close to the processing facility.
- A Water Saving project, which has reduced the amount of water used for each animal processed by 40% to-date;
© 2020 – Prima Foods S.A. – Av. Rondon Pacheco, n° 3927 Saraiva, CEP 38.400-015 Uberlândia/MG – phone: +55 34 3221-2700